I was flipping through some of my books and stumbled upon one of my favorite KENPO books called The Zen of Kenpo by Mr. Ed Parker.
So, I thought I would share some of my favorite memorable quotes from his book:
- To beat action, meet it.
- Whatever the attitude, so is the response.
- Although the belt color shows, it doesn’t mean you know.
- What you earn, you get.
- To live is to change, and to obtain perfection is to change often.
- Opportunity may come but once, so take every advantage when it does occur.
- To hear is to doubt, to see is to be deceived, but to feel is to believe.
- Big circles can lead to big trouble.
- There are no pure styles of karate. Purity comes only when pure knuckles meet pure flesh, no matter who delivers or receives.
- Flow first, power later.
- One becomes great when he comes to the realization that what he knows is very little.
- The man who knows how will always be the student, but the man who knows why will continue to be the instructor.
- Condition and guts take over where knowledge and skill end.
- Many look but few see.
- Desire, perspire, acquire.
- Quick to learn, quick to forget; Slow to learn, slow to forget.
- Will-power is the hammer that drives action.
- Principles of motion take precedence over sequence of motion.
- He who hesitates meditates in a horizontal position.
- Whether it is a big ship or small ship, the same size hole placed correctly in the hull can sink it.
- Wasted inches are wasted time.
Which is your favorite Ed Parker Quote?