Many do not realize that in addition to being a martial artist and an author that Mr. Ed Parker, the founder of American Kenpo, was also an actor. He appeared in many films and shows over the years.
Here are some of the films and television shows Mr. Parker was in (taken from imdb.com). I have also included shows where he appeared as a stuntman.
- Curse of the Pink Panther (1983) …. Mr. Chong (Truly a classic!)
- Seven (1979) …. Ed Parker
- Kill the Golden Goose (1979)… aka Kill the Golden Ninja (I own this one and love the action it!)
- Seabo (1978) ….aka Buckstone County Prison (USA)
- Revenge of the Pink Panther (1978) (uncredited) …. Mr. Chong (another classic!)
- The Money Jungle (1968)
- “I Spy” …. Rico (1 episode, 1967) The Trouble with Temple (1967) TV Episode …. Rico
- The Secret Door (1964) (uncredited)
- “The Lucy Show” (1 episode, 1963) Lucy and Viv Learn Judo (1963) TV Episode
- The Wrecking Crew (1969) (stunts) (uncredited)
- The Green Berets (1968) (stunts) (uncredited)
- Gunn (1967) (stunts) (uncredited)
- Dimension 5 (1966) (stunts) (uncredited)… aka Dimension Four (UK)
- “I Spy” (1965) TV Series (stunts) (unknown episodes)
- “Run for Your Life” (1965) TV Series (stunts) (unknown episodes)
- Experiment in Terror (1962) (stunts) (uncredited)… aka The Grip of Fear (UK)
- “The Case of the Dangerous Robin” (1960) TV Series (stunts) (unknown episodes)
- “Mike Hammer” (1956) TV Series (stunts) (unknown episodes) … aka Mickey Spillane’s Mike Hammer (USA: complete title)
He also choreographed “The Perfect Weapon” using 100% American Kenpo but was not personally in the film.
Which ones have you seen? Leave your answers in the form of a comment below.